Bangladesh is open for travel from some countries, while most domestic restrictions remain in place.
Can I Travel to Bangladesh?
- Bangladesh is open for travel from some countries, while travel from high-risk countries remains banned, except for returning citizens.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Bangladesh?
- Arrivals to Bangladesh must self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Arrivals from high-risk countries, such as Botswana, Eswatini, Ghana, Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa and Zimbabwe will be required to quarantine in a government facility.
- Vaccinated arrivals from some high-risk countries may self-quarantine instead.
- Vaccinated arrivals from Armenia, Bulgaria, Estonia, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Mongolia, Palestine, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, and Ukraine must quarantine at their residence for 7 days, while unvaccinated entrants from these countries must quarantine at their own expense at a designated facility for 7 days.
- Fully vaccinated arrivals from other countries do not need to quarantine.
Are Covid-19 tests required to travel to Bangladesh?
- Anyone arriving to Bangladesh will be required to present a negative PCR test, no older than 48 hours.
- Fully vaccinated travelers are exempt from pre-arrival testing.
- Arrivals from high-risk countries will undergo more tests on days 7 and 14 of their quarantine.
Is public transportation open in Bangladesh?
Public transportation in Bangladesh is operating, in a reduced schedule.
Are restaurants and bars open in Bangladesh?
- Restaurants are open at limited capacity from 8:00 until 22:00.
- Some facilities are open only for vaccinated and recovered individuals.
Are businesses and attractions open in Bangladesh?
- Several non-essential businesses, such as shopping malls, are open from 10:00 to 20:00.
- Attractions and leisure facilities remain closed.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Bangladesh?
Wearing face masks is required in all public places.