Botswana's has opened its air and land borders for vaccinated travelers, and domestic restrictions are being lifted.
Can I Travel to Botswana?
- It is possible for fully vaccinated arrivals to travel to Botswana.
- Unvaccinated arrivals can enter Botswana with a negative test result.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Botswana?
- Anyone arriving to Botswana is required to quarantine in a government facility for 14 days, if not presenting test results or vaccination certificate, or if showing symptoms.
- All other arrivals are required to self-monitor for 14 days and stay in contact with the authorities.
Are Covid-19 tests required to travel to Botswana?
- Anyone arriving to Botswana will be required to present a negative PCR test, no older than 72 hours, or a vaccination certificate.
- Fully vaccinated arrivals are exempt.
- Arrivals without booster shots and unvaccinated arrivals must be tested upon arrival.
- A health screening is required upon arrival.
Is public transportation open in Botswana?
Public transportation in Botswana is operating under restrictions. A permit is required to travel between zones.
Are restaurants and bars open in Botswana?
Restaurants in Botswana are open, under social distancing requirements. Bars are closed.
Are businesses and attractions open in Botswana?
- Non-essential businesses and attractions in Botswana are open, with social distancing regulations in place.
- A nightly curfew is in place between 22:00 and 4:00.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Botswana?
It is required to wear a face mask in all public places.