The British Virgin Islands are open for travelers, and domestic restrictions are almost fully lifted.
Can I Travel to the British Virgin Islands?
- It is possible to travel to the British Virgin Islands by air, and sea.
- All travelers must apply for authorization in advance, at the BVI Gateway Portal. Applications must begin more than 24 hours before arrival.
- Travel insurance that covers the costs of any Covid-19 related case is required.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to the British Virgin Islands?
- Anyone arriving to the BVI will be required to stay for 5 days in an approved location.
- Fully vaccinated arrivals are exempt.
Are Covid-19 tests required to travel to the British Virgin Islands?
- All arrivals must present negative RT-PCR test results, dated no more than 5 days before arrival.
- All arrivals will be tested again upon entry.
- Another test is required after 5 days. Vaccinated arrivals are exempt.
- Fully vaccinated arrivals who have antigen test or RT-PCR test within 48 hours before arrival are exempt from entry testing and portal requirements.
- All arrivals must present medical insurance covering Covid-19.
Is public transportation open in the British Virgin Islands?
Public transportation in the BVI is operating.
Are restaurants and bars open in the British Virgin Islands?
Restaurants and cafes and bars in the BVI are open.
Are businesses and attractions open in the British Virgin Islands?
- Most non-essential businesses in the BVI are open.
Do I need to wear a face mask in the British Virgin Islands?
Wearing face masks is required in some public places.