Iran's borders remain closed, while some domestic restrictions are being lifted.
Can I Travel to Iran?
- Iran's borders are closed for travelers. Vaccinated travelers from safe countries can enter.
- Flights from countries considered high-risk are suspended.
- Foreign travelers must be fully vaccinated prior to traveling to Iran.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Iran?
- Anyone arriving to Iran will be required to present a negative PCR test, no older than 72 hours, or quarantine for 14 days in a government facility.
Are Covid-19 tests required to travel to Iran?
- Anyone arriving in Iran will be required to present a negative PCR test, or quarantine for 14 days in a government facility.
- Vaccinated arrivals must show proof of vaccination.
Is public transportation open in Iran?
Public transportation in Iran is operating, however travel to and from high-risk areas is banned.
Are restaurants and bars open in Iran?
Restaurants, cafes and bars are closed in high-risk areas.
Are businesses and attractions open in Iran?
- Non-essential businesses and attractions are closed in high-risk areas, and a full lockdown is in place.
- There are some restrictions on unvaccinated individuals.
- Large events such as concerts and sports matches remain either cancelled.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Iran?
Wearing a face mask is required in enclosed public places and on public transport.