- International borders remain closed for most travelers.
Can I Travel to Japan?
- Japan's borders are closed for most travelers.
- New visa holders can now enter Japan.
- Exceptions may be made in specific cases, after applying in advance.
- Some travelers can enter Japan as part of organized groups.
- A fast track is available. More apps may be required as well.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Japan?
- Arrivals to Japan from red and yellow countries will be required to quarantine in a designated location for 7 days.
- This can be shortened if taking another test on the 3rd day.
- Arrivals who have been fully vaccinated + booster and traveled from yellow counties are not required to quarantine.
- Arrivals from blue countries are exempt.
Are Covid-19 tests required to travel to Japan?
- All arrivals to Japan will be required to present a negative Covid-19 test, no older than 72 hours.
- The testing form should be the one approved by MOFA.
- All arrivals to Japan from red countries will be required to be tested again upon arrival.
- Unvaccinated arrivals to Japan from yellow countries will be required to be tested again upon arrival.
Is public transportation open in Japan?
Public transportation in Japan is open.
Are restaurants and bars open in Japan?
Restaurants and bars in Japan are open in reduced capacity and under social distancing instructions.
Are businesses and attractions open in Japan?
Nonessential businesses and attractions in Japan are open, under social distancing requirements.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Japan?
Wearing face masks is recommended in most public places.