- Malawi has reopened its borders to nonresident travellers, but commercial flights remain limited.
- Few domestic restrictions are in place.
Can I Travel to Malawi?
- Malawi is open for arrivals by air.
- All arrivals to Malawi have to present a valid electronic vaccination certificate.
- Those without a certificate must be vaccinated upon arrival before being allowed to enter or re-enter Malawi.
- Anyone arriving in Malawi is required to fill out a health questionnaire before arrival.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Malawi?
- All arrivals must quarantine for 10 days.
- Fully vaccinated arrivals are exempt.
Are Covid-19 tests required to travel to Malawi?
- Anyone arriving to Malawi will be required to present a negative PCR test, no older than 72 hours, and might be screened for Covid-19 at the airport.
Is public transportation open in Malawi?
Public transportation in Malawi is operating with some restrictions.
Are restaurants and bars open in Malawi?
Restaurants and bars in Malawi are open until 22:00, under social distancing and health regulations and may not be open past midnight.
Are businesses and attractions open in Malawi?
- Non-essential businesses and attractions in Malawi are open, with health measures in place.
- There is a nightly curfew from 00:00 until 6:00.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Malawi?
Wearing face masks is required in all public places.