Nepal is open for travel under certain restrictions, while some domestic restrictions are being lifted.
Can I Travel to Nepal?
- Most commercial flights to and from Nepal are suspended, while most land borders are open.
- The Gaddha Chowk border with India has re-opened for travel, after registering in advance.
- Unvaccinated travelers wishing to enter Nepal must apply in advance, present their itinerary and have travel insurance. Visas on arrival are suspended.
- Vaccinated travelers are eligible for visas on arrival.
- All arrivals must complete a health form before arrival.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Nepal?
Quarantine is not required when arriving in Nepal.
Are Covid-19 tests required to travel to Nepal?
- Unvaccinated arrivals to Nepal are required to present negative RT-PCR test results, no older than 72 hours.
- Fully vaccinated arrivals are exempt.
- All arrivals must show proof of hotel booking, CCMC-generated barcode, and travel insurance.
Is public transportation open in Nepal?
- Public transportation in Nepal is operating.
Are restaurants and bars open in Nepal?
- Restaurants and bars in Nepal are open.
Are businesses and attractions open in Nepal?
- Non-essential businesses in Nepal are open.
- Only vaccinated individuals may enter some non-essential businesses such as cinemas and parks.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Nepal?
Face mask requirements vary between areas and businesses.