New Zealand is open for some travelers.
Can I Travel to New Zealand?
- New Zealand's air and sea borders are open for some vaccinated arrivals. Only citizens, permanent residents, their partners, and dependents may enter.
- A list of permitted visa holders can be found here.
- All arrivals must fill out this form.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to New Zealand?
- Anyone entering New Zealand is quarantined for 7 days in an approved location.
- You must book the hotel in advance.
- Vaccinated arrivals are exempt
- Citizens can enter without quarantine regardless of vaccination status.
Are Covid-19 tests required to travel to New Zealand?
- All arrivals to New Zealand must present a negative PCR test, no older than 48, or an antigen test no older than 24 hours.
- All arrivals will be tested again twice after arriving - upon arrival and on the 5th day.
Is public transportation open in New Zealand?
Public transportation in New Zealand is operating in limited services and only for essential workers and emergency cases.
Are restaurants and bars open in New Zealand?
Restaurants, cafes and bars in most of New Zealand are open.
Are businesses and attractions open in New Zealand?
- Non-essential businesses and attractions in New Zealand are open, with various health measures and restrictions in place.
- Most businesses that accept vaccination certificates may open for vaccinated individuals
Do I need to wear a face mask in New Zealand?
Wearing face masks is required on public transportation and domestic flights.