Travel to Papua New Guinea has resumed under certain restrictions, and domestic restrictions are gradually being lifted.
Can I Travel to Papua New Guinea?
- Travel to Papua New Guinea is possible for vaccinated arrivals.
- Travelers must apply for approval from the authorities.
- All arrivals must complete the e-Health declaration form 24 hours before traveling.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Papua New Guinea?
- Those who tested positive upon arrival must quarantine for seven days.
Are Covid-19 tests required to travel to Papua New Guinea?
- Anyone arriving to Papua New Guinea will be required to present a negative Covid-19 test, no older than 72 hours.
- Travelers will undergo health screening upon arrival.
Is public transportation open in Papua New Guinea?
- Public transportation in Papua New Guinea is operating.
- Nonessential travel between provinces have resumed with limitation.
Are restaurants and bars open in Papua New Guinea?
Restaurants in Papua New Guinea are open under social distancing restrictions. Bars remain closed.
Are businesses and attractions open in Papua New Guinea?
- Non-essential businesses and attractions in Papua New Guinea are open, under social distancing and capacity limitations.
- Night clubs are closed.
- In high risk areas there is a nightly curfew from 20:00-6:00 or 14:00-6:00.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Papua New Guinea?
Wearing face masks is required in all public places.