Sierra Leone has some resumed some commercial flights, and opened the border with Guinea. Domestically, restrictions are being lifted.
Can I Travel to Sierra Leone?
- Flights to and from Sierra Leone have resumed, and the border with Guinea has re-opened.
- All arrivals must obtain an authorization before arriving.
- The land border with Liberia is closed.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Sierra Leone?
- Anyone arriving will be tested for Covid-19, and required to quarantine until results are available. Additional quarantine might be required, depending on the results.
Are Covid-19 tests required to travel to Sierra Leone?
- All arrivals will be required to present a negative PCR test taken no more than 72 hours before departing, and take a second test upon arrival, at their own expense.
- All travelers will be screened upon arrival.
Is public transportation open in Sierra Leone?
Public transportation in Sierra Leone is operating at reduced capacity.
Are restaurants and bars open in Sierra Leone?
Restaurants and bars in Sierra Leone are open, with health measures in place.
Are businesses and attractions open in Sierra Leone?
- Most non-essential businesses and attractions in Sierra Leone are open, under social distancing requirements.
- Night clubs and cinemas are closed.
- Proof of vaccination is needed to enter businesses.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Sierra Leone?
Wearing face masks is required in all public places.