Taiwan's borders are closed for travelers, while domestic restrictions are gradually being lifted as cases subside.
Can I Travel to Taiwan?
- Foreign travelers are forbidden to enter Taiwan until further notice.
- Entry for some matters is possible but requires applying for a visa.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Taiwan?
- Anyone arriving to Taiwan is required to quarantine for 7 days. Depending on the country of arrival, the days spent between private and government facilities may change.
- Arrivals that are showing symptoms will be tested for Covid-19 and might be required to quarantine in a government facility.
- Business travelers from low-risk countries may apply for shorter quarantine.
Are Covid-19 tests required to travel to Taiwan?
- Anyone arriving in Taiwan is required to present a negative PCR test, no older than 72 hours.
- Anyone arriving in Taiwan is required to fill out a health declaration.
Is public transportation open in Taiwan?
Public transportation in Taiwan is operating.
Are restaurants and bars open in Taiwan?
- Restaurants in Taiwan are open under social distancing restrictions.
Are businesses and attractions open in Taiwan?
- Non-essential businesses and attractions in Taiwan are open, under social distancing requirements.
Do I need to wear a face mask in Taiwan?
It is required to wear a face mask on public transportation and enclosed public places.